The concept of retail purchasing is apparent in the Filipinos. We have this concept of buying “tingi—tingi´items just to suffice our needs. Although some say that it’s cheaper when you buy in bulk but for those who are on a tight budget, convenience store comes to the rescue. Our friendly sari-sari store may have almost everything that you need but it’s not open 24-7. And 7-eleven stores come to the rescue when our urgent needs come when our neighborhood stores closes. 7-eleven stores are not only here in the Philippines but worldwide as well. As we know 7-eleven stores are open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. From simple grocery items to toiletries and even freshly baked goods and aromatic coffee, 7-eleven has been a go to store for many.
More about 7-Eleven Franchise
Jefferson Green is the creative mind behind 7-eleven. He had this concept of selling packets of goods that would be convenient for people to buy at any time of the day. From his simple idea, he opened a store when all the other stores are closed. Joe C Thompson on the other see this creative idea and tried to put a store in various locations. Thompson later became the president of Southland Corporation which is the owner of 7-elven which is originally known as Tot’em stores since the concept is customers get toted goods. The name was later on changed to 7-eleven to reflect its operating hours which is from 7am to 11pm 7 days a week.
7-eleven came to the Philippines way back in 1982 of December 13 and the license to operate to the country is awarded to The Philippine Seven Corporation. The very first 7-eleven store in the Philippines opened last February 29, 1984. The very first 7-eleven store in the Philippines was located at Kamias Road, Quezon City. From then on, 7-eleven has expanded to more than a thousand stores all over the country!
What’s in store of the 7-eleven Franchise?
If you want to have your very own 7-eleven franchise then you should possess the following characteristics:
- Professional experience
- Good financial standing
- Pleasant personality
The cost of investment
- Initially, upon the approval of your application you would be required to pay Php 600,000 for the franchise fee. The construction of the store, the initial store supplies and merchandise are also taken into consideration. The initial cost of investment is roughly Php 3.7M to 5M.
- Royalty fees are also paid when you have your 7-eleven store but it varies per store because it depends on the gross profit of your store.
- The application time frame ranges from six months to a year which is highly dependent on the construction of your store.
Steps on how to be a 7-eleven franchisee
- Accomplish the online inquiry form.
- You should attend the franchise briefing in their main office which is held from Monday to Thursdays.
- Your target location should be available for assessment and evaluation.
- Once your location is approved, you should submit your store business plan.
- After which, you should be ready for the three level panel interview of the approval committee.
- Once successful and approved, you will be invited to sign a Memorandum of Agreement.
- Training will be done for a month prior to your store’s grand opening.
7-eleven Contact Information
For more details and further explanations on how to be a 7-eleven franchisee, feel free to reach them through the following:
Address: Philippine Seven Corporation, 7th floor, Columbia Tower, Ortigas Ave cor EDSA, Mandaluyong City
Phone: 02-726-9968; Fax: 02-705-52-29
Mobile: 09209508651; 09178711686