A Filipino meal will not always be complete without ending it with a ‘panghimagas’ meaning having a typically sweet course that will conclude the meal. And in this case, cakes in particular are always the family favourite among Pinoys. This is the inspiration of the Red Ribbon story. It started out as a hobby for a family that loved eating and then it blossomed into a successful business of creating quality and great tasting cakes and eventually evolved into serving pastries and all other kinds of food. This is why it immediately became popular among Filipinos of all ages from all walks of life. Making Red Ribbon available to any community is always a positive experience. You will never go wrong with offering fresh and delectable lines of cakes for all occasion the Red Ribbon way.
Red Ribbon opened its first cake store in 1979 which was located at Timog, Quezon City. Consequently, because of its great tasting cakes and other pastries, Jollibee Foods Corporation became interested and decided to acquire this cake store in October 2005. Under the leadership of its mother company, it soared high and now has an established business network run by professionals and is currently located all over the Philippines with its growing 200 stores. In addition, this Filipino owned corporation is also present n the US with 38 stores particularly in the following States: California, Las Vegas, Arizona, New Jersey and New York.
Red Ribbon offers variety when it comes to satisfying your cake needs and other sweet tooth cravings. This includes different flavors of round cakes such as the black forest, the ultimate chocolate cake and tiramisu meltdown among others. It also has the typical cake rolls in the likes of brazo de Mercedes, ube macapuno roll and leche flan roll to name a few. For special occasions such as anniversaries and birthdays, you can choose among their line of dedication cakes which are available on different sizes that comes with free labeling. To complete its other line, it also has macaroons, assorted polvorons, cookies, mamons and other flavored breads to provide you with a lot of snack and dessert choices.
Red Ribbon Franchising Details
The Red Ribbon capitalization ranges from P1.9M (minimum) to P4.9M (maximum) which includes the following:
- franchise fee
- construction or the leasehold improvement
- furniture, fixtures and equipments
- initial inventory experience and pre-opening materials
- hiring and training of crew teams for the store
Moreover, the franchise term is five (5) years long with 7% royalty fee and 3% advertising fee of monthly gross sales applicable to all packages. Below are the different franchise packages that Red Ribbon offers to its possible franchisees:
|Store Format||Bakeshop Basic||Bakeshop Limited||Bakeshop full|
|Minimum Area Required||15 square meters||30 square meters||40 square meters|
|Minimum Investment||P1.9 Million||P3.5 Million||P4.9 Million|
What are the steps in applying for a Red Ribbon Franchise?
- You need to submit the following requirements listed below for your initial Red Ribbon franchise application. These are:
- Letter of Intent (indicate exact address of proposed site)
- Vicinity Map of Proposed Site (include building perspective if available). Take note that site is the initial requirement in applying for a franchise. Thus no site, no application will be processed.
- Resume of Applicant or Accomplished Red Ribbon Application Forms (include 2”x2” colored recent photo of applicant) which can be downloaded at www.redribbonbakeshop.com.ph/franchise-form
- Submit these accomplished and completed requirements via email at email@example.com or you may send to this address:
Red Ribbon Bakeshop
29th Floor Jollibee Plaza Building
#10F. Ortigas Jr. Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1600
- Once application is approved, you will be notified and be given an “award notice” which qualifies you as a Red Ribbon franchisee.
- Upon receipt of this award notice, you need to pay in full the franchising fee depending on the franchise package that you will choose.
- A two-month training is provided to the franchisee and the store’s crew or team. A combination of classroom lectures and on the job training will be used for the said training. If additional trainings are needed, the company also provides it on case to case basis.
- You will be assisted during the store opening and when the store is in full operation.
- For more information on other franchising details of Red Ribbon, check out their website at www.redribbonbakeshop.com.ph.