“Bawal Magkasakit” or as translated in English, the saying goes “Being sick is not allowed.” Why would this be? First of all, the healthcare in the Philippines comes with a price. Obviously, not all of us have the health insurance to cover for the consultation fees, hospital bill or more over the expensive medicines. Speaking of medicines, the Philippines ranked number two with the most expensive medicine in the world as conducted by the survey of the University of El Salvador. Our underprivileged brethren tend to cut their tablets in half although they are not supposed to. Sometimes, they just don’t comply with the course of completion because of the burden it causes them financially. This is why The Generics Pharmacy came into existence. With the vision to help the poor and to promote healthcare for a fraction of a cost. If you are looking forward to generate income by advocating healthcare for all then you better read on.
About The Generics Pharmacy
The company began in 1949 under Pacific Insular Co. which is a German merchant and wholesaler of medicine. In 1959, Mr. Liuson’s guardians purchased the organization. He assumed control in 1974. Seeing the requirement for an affordable medication, he chose to spotlight on generic drug store at lower edge in 1983. The organization wandered into retail in 2001, keeping up just 1 extension in Quezon City, yet then officially serving clients the extent of Batangas. As interest developed, the organization chose to build availability of value and reasonable generics through franchising in the year 2007. The Generics Pharmacy (TGP) opened its first establishment outlet in Pasay City alongside 20 more stores in Metro Manila that year. They have attained to a focus of 1480 stores before the end of 2012, rotating TGP to be the biggest drugstore chain in the Philippines.
How much is the franchise package?
The franchise package for The Generics Pharmacy establishment is about P600,000 to P800,000 for an outlet. This incorporates the establishment expense and additionally an aggregate supportive network important to run The Generics Pharmacy.
The franchise benefits of TGP
- Each franchisee who joins the system advantages from a full help bundle that incorporates:
- The privilege to utilize the trademark, name and logo
- Start-Up and Pre-opening aid
- Site assessment aid
- Design/Store configuration and development support
- Establishment operations manual
- Far reaching preparing on drug store retailing, business administration/operations and client administration
- Direction and training on bland medications
- Uniform for the staff
- Regular advertising support
- Marketing and Promotion assistance
- As a franchisee, you will be qualified for proceeding with continuing support to help you run and keep up your outlet’s execution at an ideal level. This spreads:
- General checking of your outlet
- Immediate and Open-line correspondence with franchisor
- Progressing business counseling and direction
- Refresher trainings on new items, administrations, advancements or retail developments
- National and neighborhood store marketing support and direction
The starting term of the franchise agreement is three (3) years, renewable to 2 extra 3-year terms for an aggregate of 9 years.
Additional Costs in Running TGP Franchise:
For the continued support and services from the company, you would be charged with the royalty fee which is equivalent to 1% of gross sales. You would pay this on a monthly basis every 15th of the succeeding month. The royalty fee maybe increased in the future depending on the situation.
Steps in Franchising The Generics Pharmacy
- Submit the accompanying:
- Letter of intent
- Region or area guide of the proposed site
- Filled-out Franchise Prequalification Form download it from: www.thegenericspharmacy.com/frform.php
- Resume with hued ID
- Your capabilities will be surveyed and assessed altogether.
- If qualified, you will be welcome to a professional to talk about the points of interest and terms of the establishment before consenting to the establishment arrangement.
When you have passed the introductory screening, you could move ahead with the following few steps:
- Go to The Generics Pharmacy Business Seminar at the booked date.
- Call Mr. Miguel Antonio Lindo at 821-1111 neighborhood 411 to enlist.
- Search for area and have it sanction by The Generics Pharmacy Franchising Corporation.
- Register with DTI if single proprietorship and SEC for Corporation.
- Get a lease contract from landowner. The space should be at least 15 sqm as that is the deem requirement of FDA.
- Move ahead with the redesign (racks and signage)
- Search for a licensed pharmacist.
- Complete the FDA necessities and send to The Generics Pharmacy.
- Apply City Hall licenses.
- Apply BIR licenses.
- Apply allow for POS and/or Sales Invoice & O.R.
- Be arranged for actual training (franchisee, pharmacist, and assistant). The training runs for 3 days and is held at the TGP owned outlets. It is done usually 15 days prior to the grand opening date.
For more details, you may reach TGP through the following contact details:
Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday 7:00am to 6:00pm
Address: Km.14 West Service Road, Cul de Sac corner Edison Street Sun Valley, Paranaque City 1700
Phone: (632) 821-1111
Fax: (632) 821-5304